Wednesday, December 24, 2008

christmas cheer

Waking up this morning I concluded that I hate Christmas.

No, I haven't been grumpy about Christmas at all. I'm not Scrooge going "Bah, Humbug!" every time someone tries to spread holiday cheer. But for some reason, I found out it's just not my thing.


My blase attitude became a little cheerier when I learned about Kimiko Date's tennis comeback (Kimiko rises again from the WTA Tour News). I learned about this a little late but it's still good news for me. Enough to make me happy this Christmas. (Merry Christmas to me, yahoo!)


Return Date: Kimiko Date to make a comeback from Tennis.com


I used to play tennis and was good enough in the beginning. I was the girl who had perfect form, a single-handed backhand and who chose to play singles while everyone else was playing doubles.

I remember one of the best games I played when I was starting out. I lost. One of the girls who beat me in doubles ended up winning both the singles and doubles title in the Palarong Pambansa so it wasn't really that bad.

Anyway, at the height of my obsession with tennis Kimiko Date was my idol. It's nice to know that after 12 years into retirement she's making a comeback.


I think 2009 will be a better year for me.

----
Another day, another chance to be healthy.

No comments: