Tuesday, December 30, 2008

holiday rundown

This December, I have been doing a lot of walking. With all the pounds I still seem to be gaining this holiday season despite the increase in activity I have been thinking of ways to make a healthy comeback.

I started with making Christmas resolutions. I can't seem to stick with my New Year's resolutions, maybe resolutions made on Christmas will.

December 24 - after learning about Kimiko Date's comeback and watching a few matches on youtube, I started making plans.

December 25 - Christmas day saw me playing basketball, something I haven't done in over a year. I was expecting to get sore muscles the next day but I was still pretty okay.

December 26 - I begged for new running shoes from family so I can take up running again. At the mall, the running shoes in stock were not suited for someone flat-footed like me. It was a bummer. On top of that I had to go back to QC afterwards. The 2 1/2-hour bus ride I usually take back to the metro stretched to 4 hours because of all the traffic.

December 27 - Back in QC I had to wake up at 5 in the morning to get to work. It was a slow day, from 7 am to 12 noon I only had to see 6 patients. In contrast to working in government-run hospitals and health centers I had the luxury to spend as much time as I wanted with my patients in the HMO clinic. It was such a breath of fresh air. Sadly, I didn't get my paycheck.

December 28 - I got lucky and was finally able to get new running shoes.

December 29 - I'm sticking to my Christmas resolution. I was not able to run but I was able to play ball for about an hour. It felt good to be sweating again.

December 30 - Family reunion. As the designated "babysitter" I was on my feet the whole time running after my two-year old cousins. Salad made from fresh produce from the farm was as good as ever. The freshly-brewed coffee was even better.

Now I wonder what's in store for the last day of the year? If I can't run, I'll definitely do some walking.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

No comments: