Monday, December 15, 2008

december weather

December weather is not agreeing with me. It's not cold enough to be pleasant but my sinuses have definitely sensed the decrease in temperature.

Every morning I wake up sneezing. The buzz given by the antihistamine/decongestant I have to take everyday is not the warm and fuzzy kind. I wake up every morning with a feeling that I'm never fully awake.

Today after all the excitement of meeting friends over the weekend I had the makings of an asthma attack. I had used up all of the 200 actuations from my inhaler and was forced to take the only asthma medication I had on hand - a 2 mg Salbutamol tablet. I haven't taken oral medications for my asthma in a while. I'm sure it made me breathe easier, but I truly hate the side effects. Of course, I'm sure the morning coffee I had with the Salbutamol added to the palpitations and tremors I felt afterwards. I just wasn't expecting it to be that bad.

The last time I remember having systemic effects from my asthma medications was when I was in grade school. I remember having to change meds often because I was having tremors and they were a mighty nuisance during piano practice. I switched to the inhaler as soon as I could figure out how to use them.

I feel so lame having an asthma attack in December, having to stay in the whole night while every one else is out doing Christmas shopping. Not that I have moolah for Christmas shopping. It's still a bummer.

I'm no Scrooge, but Christmas was just never my thing.


Reading: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (seriously!)
Listening to: You're No Rock and Roll Fun by Sleater-Kinney

No comments: