Saturday, November 22, 2008

all in the family

I talked to my Dad after almost a year of not finding the time to call.

When he asked I told him that I used to smoke but quit 6 years ago just before I entered med school. He still smokes, as much as a pack a day I suppose.

We're both big on coffee. He drinks two pots a day. I told him I'm trying to cut down so I can sleep better. He chuckled as he said coffee doesn't really keep him awake anymore.

His late night ritual: smoke a cigarette, drink a nice cup of coffee and then go to bed.

Minus the cigarette, this apple does not fall far from the tree.

Share a cup with me.

2 comments:

Ann Pablo-Bechet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Pablo-Bechet said...

i used to smoke two packs a day when i was in college but finally decided to quit (cold turkey) when i turned 25. i still enjoy my espresso. nothing fancy. i prefer my cup of caffeine unadulterated, thank you very much.

appreciate you dropping by my blog.