Thursday, November 27, 2008

wasting time is relative

Okay, I changed my mind. The geeks of The Big Bang Theory are not only making fun of each other anymore. They are now making fun of non-geeks like us who don't have double PhDs (a Master's Degree doesn't count but I wonder if an MD does). To them they are normal. We, unfortunately, fall way below their standards. That's just putting it lightly. Bluntly, we are stupid.

Doesn't really stop the show from being funny, though. LOL!


On another note, I was on the phone with my bestfriend last night. I told her I was actually considering getting a PhD instead of entering a residency program.

She was indignant. She yammered about what I could possibly do with a PhD and that I was just going to waste my time getting one. All these from someone who just finished her Master's Degree and is planning to get an MD-PhD.

Somebody please tell me, when did getting a PhD start becoming a waste of time?

This time I admit, I don't get it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Time is relative and nothing divides relatives like time that there were other things to do with their time than wasting hers by quoting the clock. The relative unimportance of trying to stop global warming mainly so people like who are all about wasting time, and ignoring the severity.

---------------------

jnnywllms

consumer generated media