Saturday, January 3, 2009

what to read

Somebody tell me what to read next. For this year I have started reading books I normally would not read.

I'm not the kind of person who would read on business/customer service,self-help or inspirational books. Either they never appealed to me (too cynical) or I never had need to read them before (I didn't think I was going to set up a business before). But lately I'm trying to figure out why other people read the books that they read. I'm trying to find out how all the supposed "words of wisdom" from these books make other people act like they do.

I need better people skills. Socializing has never been easy for me. When I'm tired at work I don't get crabby or cranky. I clam up. I may still be able to smile but I highly doubt that I sufficiently advise my patients when I'm tired. Maybe knowing a bit about why people behave like they do will help me develop into a better communicator. This would certainly be a plus for me as a physician and would also help me in running our group's small business.

I have more then a hundred books on my to-be-read pile but I can't figure out what to read next. Somebody tell me what to read :)



Currently reading: Baha'i Book of Prayers and Other Selected Writings

No comments: